Ash Wednesday Roll Call

Cherylkas
on 3/8/11 9:34 pm - PA
 Good MOrning everyone.

It's the same old same old here. Getting the kids ready for the bus. Then it is just Mady and I for the day. It's raining here so we will have to find something fun to do inside. 

Have a ton of washing to do. I swear someone sneaks their dirty clothes in my laundry room for me to do. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
dit657
on 3/8/11 9:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all and hi Laureen!! Miss seeing you on here - I tried getting into the Over Fifty forum but wasn't successful. Maybe I'll try again.

Got my new work PC yesterday and was off-line for 4 hours - the tech is coming back today to continue working on getting it up and running - I have several programs that do not come pre-loaded on the laptops that I need for my job, and we're having some trouble with those - well, I'm not - the tech is!

Oher than that not much else going on...hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 3/8/11 9:48 pm
Good Morning Laureen and PA!

Glad to see you posting Laureen! Even though I just saw you on Saturday, it is nice to see your posts here!!

I did not sleep well last night, too much on the brain, I guess. I woke up before my alarm, so I figured I would get an early start to the day. Today we are having the county spelling bee at our school so it will be a crazy day!!  Of course, I have lunch duty today, so that will be ANOTHER adventure!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then dentist appointment, then home to do the normal routine!

Have a great day!!!!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 3/8/11 9:50 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, Laureen and PA pals!  I'm here at work, getting ready to dig into the pile in my in-box, but having a protein shake first.  It feels good to start the day off with healthy eating.  I went to my first OA meeting last night with my daughter.  Since I'm already working a 12-step program, I feel like I fit right in.  For me, it's not about weight loss, so much as stopping the obsessive thinking and compulsive eating.  So, just for today, I have a plan and I am pledging sobriety and sane eating.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/11 10:10 pm
Good Morning

Laureen good to see you post ..Miss you! 

Today I was awaken with a phone call of my SIssy singing tomorrow to me, She is lucky I love her and will not push her off the plane tomorrow morning. Wem leave for vacation off to Vegas for a long weekend for her 40th. I LOVE Vegas so it will be a fun trip.

Today has me in work till 12:30 then run some last minute errands getting nails done then pack for our trip. Plus I want to make homemade Mac & Cheese for Ash Wednesday it is my Mom's signature dish so I try to do her justice. If I run out of time it will be pizza for dinner.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. See you all next week! 
steffihope
on 3/8/11 10:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Laureen and all of PA - I am not sure what the correct greeting is for Ash Wendesday - but there it is.  Hope it is a fulfilling and meaningful day.  13 years ago, on ash wednesday, we had to admit our 9 day old newborn Molly to Holy Redeemer hospital with a fever of 101.  When I walked in to the catholic hospital I was first taken aback by the cross on the room's wall.  It was then I realized that I just needed someone to save the life of my new baby, and if Jesus was the guy, (And of course the doctors and nurses who were AMAZING!!!!!!) - then so be it.  Ash Wednesday will always be a turning point for this Jewish girl.  

Had soooo much fun last night with fb hubby at the Flyers game.  They won 4-1!  Was a fun game to watch and sat in front of about 40 high school boys - THOSE conversations were a riot!  Love to eavesdrop!

Today should hopefully be getting back to normal.  School, the pool, dinner and parenting seminar.  Larry is back to work tonight after being off for a nice stretch of time.  Looking forward to not having to get dressed in the dark tomorrow morning! :) LOL

Have a great Wednesdsay all! :)
Laureen S.
on 3/8/11 11:20 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Your Ash Wednesday story was something. . .  and Jesus was a Jewish carpenter ;)

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 3/9/11 12:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes he was! :)  and here we are 13 years later and she is still driving me nuts - so all is good with the world!
pennykid
on 3/9/11 2:11 am - PA

Hi Laureen and all of PA!!!

I'm at work, with no work to do.  A coworker and I walked the length of the building this morning and may do it again this afternoon.  We also attended a lunch and learn seminar about improving lung health.  Turned out to be about quitting smoking.  Did that already.  13 years ago.  Anyway, they gave us each a t-shirt and I had no idea what to pick.  When I asked for x-large, the lady told me that would be pajamas for me.  So, I took a large instead.  lol

I haven't been sleeping well this week.  Paul has been having a lot of headaches at night, so I always end up waking up.  I haven't had to get up for his pills or ice packs, but he's been talkative while trying to get rid of the pain and fall asleep.  Not really a new thing---he often comes to bed later than me and is chatty. 

I joined the Obesity Action Coalition today.  I've been tempted to join for a while, and today membership is half price, so I did it.  Not sure what membership will do for me, but maybe this is a way to help others who may be following in my footsteps in a life of obesity.

Have a great day, my friends!!

Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views